Do You Like Valentine’s Day?

Wikimedia Commons
Love is given and received on Valentine’s Day.

Valentine’s Day, a holiday all about showing love and affection towards someone you’re in any type of relationship with. Many people wear the colors red and pink in order to represent love. The word love is what the day revolves around. By giving someone a gift of any kind on this specific day you are showing them how much you love them.

Students at North Forsyth High School were all asked the same question, “Do you like Valentine’s Day? Why or why not?” When asked this question, various answers were provided.

The reasons why people said they didn’t like Valentine’s Day were all very different. For example, when interviewed junior Shelby Morgan said, “I don’t like Valentine’s Day because it makes me feel lonely.” While senior Jaiden Leroy said, “No, because Valentine’s Day is a pointless holiday.” 

This holiday is very controversial, not in an argument-type way, more of a some people believe it is worthy of being celebrated while others don’t. Then there are the people in the middle, they don’t dislike Valentine’s Day but they also aren’t big fans. 

Junior Sydney Brewer, when asked her opinion on Valentine’s Day said, “I think it’s cute for people who are in a relationship, but if you are not in one it can be lonely. I love the color pink though so it’s all ok.”   

A main part of Valentine’s Day is the gifts. The gifts received or given are supposed to resemble the love and affection you have for somebody, specifically the person you are in a relationship with. 

During Savannah Smith’s interview, Smith said, “I don’t care about it much but I like the gifts.” This is similar to junior Masha Stadnikova’s response, “Yes, because I love gifts.”

Gifts come in different ways, not all gifts are bought with money. Some are made from scratch while others are actions put in a way to show affection.

Cilla Fulwider
Cilla Fulwider, Staff Writer
Hey! I am Cilla Fulwider and this is my first year in journalism and I’m a staff writer. Some of my hobbies are cheer and photography. When I’m not at school I am usually hanging out with my friends or family. In the future I would love to travel and explore. This year in journalism I am hoping to become a more advanced writer and advance my photography skills. In the future I hope to become the news editor because I enjoy the news.