Food and Nutrition Room Renovations and FCCLA Leadership Training

In the photo above, food and nutrition students are able to reap the benefits of using an oven without restrictions.

Ramya Raja, News and Sports Editor

The food and nutrition room has recently have moved back to their previous home with an upgrade and renovation of their facilities. Prior to renovation, the food and nutrition program had a limited amount of ovens and sinks, greatly limiting their ability to function well and to bake in bulk. Patrick Griswold, a current food and nutrition pathway student, says “Now that we don’t have any restrictions, we can bake cakes, brownies, pretty much anything you can imagine.” Griswold also says that because of the sinks, “we are able to keep it more sanitary,” in the food and nutrition room.

FCCLA (Family, Career and Community Leaders of America) has its own chapter at North Forsyth High School and in the past month, has gone for leadership training with other FCCLA officers and mentors.. Griswold, also an FCCLA officer, says “we joined up with all the other officers in Forsyth County Schools, and did a bunch of leadership exercises with them.” To expand their leadership experience and knowledge to their classmates at North, FCCLA officers engaged in fun games, such as Keys: The Escape Game, a mystery exercise, to build leadership skills amongst each other.

The food and nutrition program continues to grow and expand as well as the North Forsyth High School’s FCCLA chapter. Keep up to good work!

• In the photo above, food and nutrition students are able to reap the benefits of using an oven without restrictions.

• FCCLA Club participate in leadership training programs to share with their peers at North.