Raiders Basketball Battle Against Osborne Cardinals, Win 56-43

Both teams are finishing up their practice shots and preparing for the game.

Marvin Cruz, Staff Writer

On Saturday, Nov. 17, the NFHS varsity boys’  basketball team played against the team from Osborne High School. The tournament took place at the Raider Arena with the game lasting from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. It started off very slowly until No. 40 on the Raiders’ team managed to score the first basket of the game. Scores were mostly close throughout the game, with the  Raiders and Cardinals had the starting scores of 13-13 at the end of the first quarter, 23-25 at the end of the second and 44-33 at the end of the third. At this point Osborne had managed to let themselves fall behind North allowing for the crushing win.The final score of the game was a 56-43 lead, with the Raiders taking away the win. The Raiders managed to keep a good neck-and-neck lead until the final quarter. Although Osborne lost, they put up a good fight.

Junior Austin Pinkus When asked on how they thought the game went had to say, “It was a good game, while it was a constant game with scores being so close [sic] I’m glad our team managed to take the lead in the end. This just shows how hard each team is practicing and I’m sure Osborne will also be a great competitor in the future.” Team member Justin Castello also had to say about the game that evening, “The game went well, we had started pretty slow but picked it up a half. I believe that we need to start faster and need to be more consistent.”

Following the Raiders win, the team demonstrated good sportsmanship to the opposing team. The players are excited to see how their practice will continue to assist them in winning through their next competitions. But until that time comes, the team will need to continue practicing and keep pushing forward.