An Olive Garden in Dawson County is in the Works

An+Olive+Garden+is+on+its+way+to+Dawsonville%2C+GA.+They+are+hoping+to+have+a+successful+turn+out+when+the+facility+is+built.+Though+this+is+the+Gwinnett+Place+%28Duluth%29+Location%2C+it+should+look+quite+similar.+This+photo+was+taken+from+photographer+Ayyachamy+Nagaiahsamy.+

An Olive Garden is on its way to Dawsonville, GA. They are hoping to have a successful turn out when the facility is built. Though this is the Gwinnett Place (Duluth) Location, it should look quite similar. This photo was taken from photographer Ayyachamy Nagaiahsamy.

Cynda Allen, Staff Writer

For the past few months now, construction workers have been creating another Olive Garden. This new location will be built on the corner of Highway 400, down Dawson Forest Road. It will be replacing the vacant Huck’s Apple Barn.

Back in October of 2018, the Dawson County Planning and Development Director, Jameson Kinley, reviewed the construction plans of the Olive Garden. On the follow-up meeting for Oct. 25, 2018, he stated, “As of now, we haven’t heard of anything else going there for sure, just prospects.” Though there are rumors about a Cheddar’s being placed right next to it.

The restaurant is the first of several potential businesses to be developed on the 9.4 acres next to the Dawson Marketplace shopping center. Olive Garden has requested 152 parking spaces opposed to the maximum of 86, stating in their variance application that “if parking is inadequate it will negatively impact the new restaurant’s success.”  

When the planning commission met later in November, they voted anonymously to approve the variance for additional parking for the Olive Garden. No representative from Olive Garden Holdings (corporate) was present at the meeting, but the planning commission decided to move forward with approving the application.

“The reason for more parking spaces is because they feel that they always max out at every location and they will need more spaces to park. In addition, the staff has recommended approval based on all of the information that was presented to them from Olive Garden,” explained Planning Commission Chair Jason Hamby.

Beyond the Olive Garden, there are two dozen spaces still available in the Kroger shopping center, and stores that have recently opened include Torrid, Shopaholic Boutique and Dawson Nails. Seven spaces are still available across Ga. 400 in the Publix shopping center as well.

• An Olive Garden in Dawson County is in the Works

News

2019 Testing Schedule for April and May

News

Georgia Storm Scammers

North Forsyth DECA Takes On the 2019 State CDC

News

Mrs. Dykes, NFHS Finalist For District TOTY

News

U.S. Dissolution of INF Treaty

Local

Local Forsyth Schools Threatened by Young Teenagers

News

January Students of the Month and Third Quarter RISE Students Announced

Local

An Insight Into Upcoming Choir Auditions 2019-2020 School Year

Local

North’s JV Soccer Team Falls Short of Denmark by One Point

News

2019 Super Bowl Costs and Revenue For City of Atlanta