The Death Of Luke Perry

Luke Perry born on October 11, 1996, died on March 4, 2019. He will be an inspiration for others and will always be known for being an amazing actor and person.

Jordan Fowler, Staff Writer

Coy Luke Perry died at the age of 52. He was taken to the hospital after having a massive stroke. After reaching the hospital and being in an unresponsive state, he was taken off of life support on March 4, 2019.

Perry was a famous actor and voice artist. One of his most famous roles was in the TV series “Beverly Hills, 90210” from 1990-2000. He has also made appearances on numerous movies and tv shows. Perry played Fred Andrews on the hit series “Riverdale” and has made some guest roles on “Criminal Minds, “Law and Order” and “The Simpsons. “ Perry started acting in 1990 and unfortunately died at the age of 52 when he had a massive stroke. He was taken to the hospital and was hit with another stroke later on that same night. His family decided to take him off of life support on March 4, 2019 in Burbank, California.

Perry was born on October 11, 1966 in Mansfield, Ohio. In 1984, he moved to Los Angeles after high school to pursue his career in acting. Perry had done approximately 256 acting auditions before he got his first role. His first acting roles were on a couple daytime soap operas, some of which include “Loving” and “Another World. “ Perry then auditioned for “Beverly Hills, 90210” and received the role of Dylan Mckay. In 1995, Perry decided to leave the series, so he could get into more mature acting roles and venture out in his career. He received many roles in movies, including “Normal Life, ““Invasion” and “The Fifth Element.https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000580/ “ By 1988, Perry decided to go back to the show “90210” and remained as a permanent special guest star until May 17, 2000 when the show came to an end.

After “90210, “ Perry had joined many other TV series. He had received a role in “Post- Apocalyptic” and played Jeremiah. Perry then went on and accepted many other important roles in TV shows and movies. In 2005, Perry reunited with former “90210” star Jennie Garth when he starred in “What I Like About You.http://www.lukeperry.com/ “ Perry had also played roles where he had to commit crimes. He had played as a cult leader in the show “Criminal Minds” and had to play a gruesome character in the show “Law and Order. He was also in a couple of music videos such as “Be Chrool to Your Scuel” by the band Twister Sister and in the fourth annual Christmas single “Happy Birthday” by The Killers.

Through all of his years of acting and starring in music videos, Perry had a personal life just like anyone else. He married Rachel Minnie Sharp on Nov. 20, 1993, in Beverly Hills. He has two children. His son, Jack Perry, and daughter, Sophie Perry. He divorced on October 11, 2003 and met Wendy Madison Bureau who soon became his fiancee.  Perry had passed away before he and Bureau could get married. https://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/meet-luke-perrys-family-his-2-kids-fiancee-and-ex-wife/

Many people are mourning over the loss of Luke Perry.His cast members in Riverdale are greatly mourning his loss because they were still filming season 3 of Riverdale when he had passed. Perry made many accomplishments in his lifetime that he will always be remembered for.