Freshmen Volleyball Begins Season with High Hopes

The+freshmen+volleyball+team+supports+each+other+at+practice+as+they+prepare+for+the+West+Forsyth+game.+They+are+confident+in+each+other%2C+and+they+have+great+enthusiasm+about+winning.++

The freshmen volleyball team supports each other at practice as they prepare for the West Forsyth game. They are confident in each other, and they have great enthusiasm about winning.

Kristin Iler, Sports Editor

So far, the 2016-2017 North Forsyth Freshmen volleyball team has won three games and lost eight, giving them a total of 11 games this season.

The first game of the season was on Aug. 10, against Dacula and Peachtree Ridge, where the North Forsyth Raiders won both sets of games.

The second game was on Aug. 24, where the Raiders won three sets to one. The highlight of the season occurred during this game. Assistant Coach Mary Ewing stated, “Shaye Snajkowski got her first serve ever, and it was an ace.”

On Aug. 24, the freshmen team took on South Forsyth High school, which ended their winning streak with a loss of 2 games.

Since their fourth game, the freshmen volleyball team has encountered a slight losing streak; however, they are very confident in the rest of the season.

The next freshmen volleyball game will be held at North Forsyth High School against rival school West Forsyth at 6:00 p.m. on Monday, September 19.