Do North Students Go Black Friday Shopping?

Freshmen Payton Waltman and Anna Grace Turbeville pose for The Raider Wire. Clogston plans on shopping this year, while Palak plans on staying indoors.

Abby Marks, Staff Writer

Did you go Black Friday Shopping

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
The craziest shopping day of the year has come and gone: Black Friday. It is used as a day for stores to put their stock on major sales as a kickoff to the Christmas shopping season. People line up very early to be first into a certain store; therefore, they are able to get into the store first and snag some deals. Black Friday started back in 1932 and has gradually progressed to be very a violent and dangerous event to partake in. There have been a total of seven deaths and 98 injuries due to customers hungry for a sale in the United States since 2006. Despite all of the craziness surrounding Black Friday, millions of people still go, but do North students participate in the madness?

I asked a total of 20 students, ten boys and ten girls, if they were planning on Black Friday shopping or if they ever had before. Overall, students were evenly split. Six girls said they are planning on going, and four boys say they are planning on going. When asked why she shops, freshman Payton Waltman states, “I love going Black Friday shopping because my mom and I go every year with each other. We just love the sales and all the people!” On the other hand, freshman Anna Grace Turbeville does not go and said, “No one in my family has ever gone, so I never go.”

Overall, most girls of North Forsyth do go Black Friday shopping, and a little less than half of boys go Black Friday shopping. In total, exactly half of the 20 students surveyed are planning on going shopping on this crazy day for sales and Christmas presents.

If you did go Black Friday shopping this year, hopefully you got some good deals!