Student Favorite “Stranger Things” Returns for Season Two

Even+teachers+are+hooked+on+the+hit+series+Stranger+Things+as+seen+by+this+poster+hanging+outside+of+a+classroom.+Mrs.+Euing+placed+this+outside+of+her+room+during+the+2016+school+year+as+a+way+to+engage+with+her+students+during+the+height+of+the+show%E2%80%99s+popularity%3B+the+poster+includes+a+picture+of+the+character+Barb+and+tear-off+alternatives+for+her+fate%2C+which+will+be+revealed+in+the+upcoming+season.+

Even teachers are hooked on the hit series Stranger Things as seen by this poster hanging outside of a classroom. Mrs. Euing placed this outside of her room during the 2016 school year as a way to engage with her students during the height of the show’s popularity; the poster includes a picture of the character Barb and tear-off alternatives for her fate, which will be revealed in the upcoming season.

Leilani Gibbons, Editor-in-Chief

The anticipation is over as the increasingly popular Netflix original TV series, “Stranger Things”, will return with a second season this Oct. 27. The eight-episode show instantly became a sensation when it aired on Netflix in July of 2016 and since then, it has received various forms of recognition such as the “MTV Movie & TV Awards for Show of the Year”, “MTV Movie & TV Award for Best Actor in a Show”, “Producer of the Year Award in Episodic Television – Drama” and many more for individual actors. With the premiere of season two, more awards and accomplishments are expected to come to the hit series and it’s cast.

The show is set in Hawkins, Ind. in the year 1983 and follows a series of supernatural events that result in the disappearance of two teenagers and the emergence of a young girl with no other name than “Eleven”. As the town experiences suspicious occurrences and a new influx of government agents in the area, the police chief and a frightened mother, as well as a group of misfit boys, search for the cause of the strange happenings. Battling bullies and the wrath of the town, the characters within the show have to relentlessly search for their lost friends and family. This quirky TV drama has the perfect mix of ageless humor, intense scares and beaming nostalgia that helps to make it as celebrated as it is.

When the show was initially released, every episode in season one was available simultaneously, rather than the staggering of episodes through weekly or biweekly releases. Netflix does this as a tactic to keep fans from drifting away from the series or becoming impatient, allowing them to ‘binge watch’ the entire season in one sitting. While preparing to binge watch the newest season in the upcoming weeks, the trailers can be seen here.

• Student Favorite “Stranger Things” Returns for Season Two

Grassroots: A Growing Demand for Stringed Instruments in Forsyth County

McDonald’s Deposits $40 billion for Their New Location on the Moon

AP Lit Halloween Field Trip to ATL

In Honor of Stan Lee: The Latest and Greatest Avengers 4 Theories

iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max Ready to Sweep the World

• Features

25 Years of Excellence: Here’s North’s Story

Must Watch New Dramas of Fall 2018

• Features

Best Horror Movies to Watch This Halloween

The Dangers of Halloween are Terror-fying!

Robots Are Among Us