Coaching for a Change: Andy Martin

Coaching for a Change: Andy Martin

Here is North Forsyth High School’s newest addition to coaching, Andy Martin. Coach Martin is hoping to inspire all Raiders to reach their goals through a healthier lifestyle.

Cynda Allen, Staff Writer

Coach Andy Martin is a new staff member to North Forsyth High School and we welcome him with open arms! This is his first year coaching for North High in his 18 years of teaching. He previously taught at Forsyth Central High School and North Forsyth Middle School. When asked what made him want to leave North Middle School next door and come here, he responded, “I left because there was an opportunity to coach boys’ basketball, do coaching with Mr. Sokol and I also wanted to get back into high school where I started teaching.”

Coach Martin plans on hosting the after-school golf club when it comes around. When asked about coaching, Martin says that he loves getting students to “reach further than they thought they could” and also commented on how he was inspired to take his career path.

“Some of the greatest men in my life were my coaches and I recognized the impact they had on my life and I want to return that to others,” Coach Martin stated. He is all about getting students motivated to push themselves, to their best ability, to be a better, healthier them.

Outside of school, Martin likes to go hunting, camping and venturing out to see concerts. He is also a big family man and enjoys spending the majority of his time with his wife and children.

Coach Martin is so far loving it here at North High. Since he lives in the community, he remarked that it “feels like home.” As for his new coaching job at this school, we hope that he has an amazing year and wish him the best of luck!

• Coaching for a Change: Andy Martin

Valentine’s Day Around the World

• Coaching for a Change: Andy Martin

How to Win Valentine’s Day: Gifts to Get the One You Cherish

• Coaching for a Change: Andy Martin

Adam Levine and Travis Scott’s Halftime Show Left Many Disappointed

• Coaching for a Change: Andy Martin

You Will Fall in Love With These Top Three Valentine’s Day Traditions

• Coaching for a Change: Andy Martin

Does “Mary Poppins Returns” Live Up to the Original Movie?

• Coaching for a Change: Andy Martin

Where Did the Great Movies Go?

• Coaching for a Change: Andy Martin

Top Five Prom Dress Shops

• Coaching for a Change: Andy Martin

Read 5:32 p.m.: The Frustration of Read Receipts

• Coaching for a Change: Andy Martin

New Year, New Books: Top 10 Anticipated Young-Adult Books of 2019

• Coaching for a Change: Andy Martin

President Trump’s Twitter Account Has Officially Been Confiscated

Coaching for a Change: Andy Martin