High Anticipation for DC’s ‘Super Season,’ Releasing “The Flash,” “Arrow,” and “Supergirl” New Episodes *SPOILERS INCLUDED*

Cassidee Jackson, Staff Writer

• This collage shows the main characters of all four of DC’s most popular shows. The protagonists of “Arrow,” “Black Lightening,” “The Flash,” and “Supergirl” are all in the image. Photo from www.heroichollywood.com.

• The CW Television Network’s most popular and lighthearted TV show released their set photos for their fifth season on September 12. The main cast of the television show appears to be looking upwards in wonder at Nora, the daughter of Barry Allen and Iris West. Photo from www.cosmicbooknews.com.

• Felicity, the wife of Oliver Queen, rocks a distressed look with pink hair that differs from her natural blond hair that she wore in the previous seasons while she talks to Oliver Queen. As he is now in jail, the impact of his imprisonment is seen with her physical appearance. Photo from www.ew.com.

From their Comic-Con trailers released two months ago to release set pictures, DC Entertainment is no stranger to surprising their loyal fans with updates for upcoming seasons. This includes their three separate teasers for ‘Super Season’ released through late August 2018 and early/mid-September 2018.

Each teaser reveals DC’s plans for the continuation of each of their separate superhero worlds. Additionally, DC finalized the date for their annual crossover event, that of which was relatively successful last year, to take place on December 9, 2018. This time, the special will include the introduction of their new television show “Black Lightning,” which premiered on January 16, 2018.

Their most popular shows in terms of viewership are “The Flash,” “Supergirl,” and “Arrow.” “The Flash” is about a scientist from Star City named Barry Allen who was given the powers of superspeed after being struck by lightning due to a particle accelerator explosion and fights crime against the cities heros. “Supergirl,” on the other hand, concerns the cousin to the Superman, Kara Kor-El, and her adventures under the DEO, or the Department of Extranormal Operations. Finally, “Arrow” follows a playboy billionaire called Oliver Queen who, after being stranded on an island for five years, returned to Star City, his hometown, to protect the citizens.

As for “The Flash,” the end of season four revealed the introduction of Nora, the daughter of Barry Allen and Iris West, the wife to Barry Allen, and the possibility that she aided the Flash in defeating the main supervillain Clifford Devoe, or ‘The Thinker,’ in the season four finale. This revelation may have a role in the creation of their new villain, Cicada, of the fifth season–a rumour that may surprise North Forsyth High superhero-loving-students.

Additionally, with “Arrow,” the fan-loved ship, or a romantic relationship between two characters, ‘Olicity’ may come to an end as Oliver Queen reveals himself as the Green Arrow, and may now be jailed for life. A quick promo teaser revealed an exciting prison fight in 16 seconds from their Official Twitter account.

The CW Television Network’s “Supergirl” teases their new season with an opening monologue by the main character, Supergirl, about fear. The fourth season is set to have their main villain as the Children of Liberty, an evil alien organization. In addition, the first transgender superhero in television was introduced in their new promo released on September 13, 2018.

As the final wrap up, all of the CW’s superhero shows have come to an head in their upcoming seasons. In regards to “Arrow,” even the actors have said that the show can continue without the main character, the Arrow, played by Stephen Amell. This makes for great anticipation, not only for comic book fans, but also for fans at NFHS.