North’s 2018 December Donations!

North is spreading holiday cheer! Several NFHS clubs are fundraising this holiday season and/or are sponsoring local charities! (Photo credit: Luke Miller.)

Ramya Raja, News Editor

It is that time of year, when everyone is interested in spreading holiday cheer! North Forsyth High School is collecting donations for several different local charities and fundraising to help those in need during the holidays! Students are encouraged to donate and collect donations for these good causes. Different clubs and school organizations are sponsoring different charities and/or fundraisers, and students can donate to any of them!

The Place Cereal Box Donations

• National Honor Society is collecting boxes of cereal for The Place, a local Forsyth County charity that benefits families, seniors and individuals in need. Please drop donations in Mr. Loveless’s room in the 800 building by Thursday, Dec. 6. Participating NHS members will receive one hour of community service for every two boxes of cereal.

Toys For Tots

• North Forsyth JROTC is collecting toys for tots. You can donate toys in the Toys for Tots boxes around the school as well as in the car rider line. Donations will be accepted until Dec. 14.

Battle of the Bells

• FCCLA (Family, Career and Community Leaders of America) is raising money to compete in their state competition. Students can purchase a bell for $1 and write a note to a favorite teacher, administrator, support staff or counselor. The bells will then be delivered to the North Forsyth High School staff member of your choice!

Art Club Ornaments

• Art Club and National Art Honor Society members are making holiday ornaments. The ornaments are being sold for $10 each, and all the proceeds support the NFHS Art Club.  

Robotics Ornaments

• North Forsyth’s Robotics Team, Raider Robotics, is creating wooden ornaments. Ornaments are laser engraved and made out of wood engravable metal. Designs include: bells, elves, reindeer, snowmen, presents, snowflakes and more! Stop my Mrs. Marshall’s room, 460, for more information or email orders and requests to [email protected] .

FFA Alumni Pecan Fundraiser

• North’s Future Farmers of America (FFA) is selling pecans. The shelled pecan halves come in a one-pound bag that is $14.  This fundraiser is meant to support farmers affected by the hurricane damage done to pecan crops. The money and orders are due by Dec. 7, and checks should be made out to NFHS FFA Alumni.