Adam Levine and Travis Scott’s Halftime Show Left Many Disappointed

+Maroon+5+and+rapper+Travis+Scott+performed+in+the+2019+Super+Bowl+halftime+show.+The+show+followed+previous+years+of+performances+that+left+people+talking+for+weeks%2C+which+caused+high+expectations+and+big+shoes+to+fill+for+the+show+this+year.+%28+Photo+Credit%3A+loudwire.com.%29

Maroon 5 and rapper Travis Scott performed in the 2019 Super Bowl halftime show. The show followed previous years of performances that left people talking for weeks, which caused high expectations and big shoes to fill for the show this year. ( Photo Credit: loudwire.com.)

Ella McCook, Staff Writer

After artists such as Rihanna, Cardi B and Pink denied the request to perform at the 2019 Super Bowl halftime show, pop band Maroon 5 and rapper Travis Scott were asked to perform and accepted the offer. Fans had high expectations as Maroon 5 has many new hits, as well as old hits, that fans could not wait to hear performed at the Super Bowl. Travis Scott has also recently released a new album, SICKO MODE, that fans raved about and were excited to hear him perform.

Maroon 5 and Travis Scott had much to live up to and people were expectant of a fantastic Super Bowl performance, just like the performances from the previous three years. From the past performances of Beyonce, Coldplay and Bruno Mars in 2016; Lady Gaga in 2017; and even past NSYNC member Justin Timberlake in 2018, fans were looking for a halftime show that left a lasting impression.

Maroon 5 started the show slowly with older hits to win over the crowd and get them singing along with classics. As the show progressed,both the band and the audience began getting more enthusiastic and excited about  the performance. As nostalgia rushed to the fans, Travis Scott made an entrance. Before he came onstage, a clip from the SpongeBob SquarePants episode “Band Geeks” played; Sarah Castaneda, a senior at NFHS, claimed that to be “the best part of the halftime show.”

Students at North have differing opinions of the show. Students such as Austin Gazaway, a junior, believed the halftime show to be “lackluster compared to previous performances.” Other students were indecisive about their opinions: Katie Sarfaty, junior, believed the show was “okay” and “would’ve enjoyed more Maroon 5.” Some students such as Alexis Gaines, junior, enjoyed the show because “Maroon 5 has always been one of [her] favorite bands.” Alexis said that one thing which stood out to her was “when they spelled out ‘LOVE’ in purple lights through the crowd.”

While many people have differing opinions, it seems as though most people had some critiques of the show and many believed that the show did not leave  much of an impact in comparison to previous halftime shows.

• Adam Levine and Travis Scott’s Halftime Show Left Many Disappointed

Ask a Senior: Are You Ready for Senior Year?

• Features

Kiss 2019 End of the Road Tour Hits Atlanta

How to Have a Memorable Stay-cation

How to Stay Motivated in the Last Few Months of the School Year

A Step-by-Step Guide to Prom for First-Timers

Perfect Prom Preparation

North Forsyth DECA Takes On the 2019 State CDC

Arabian Nights: Everything You Need to Know about Prom 2019

A Brief History of the St. Patrick’s Day Leprechaun

Jonas Brothers Make the Most Needed Comeback of 2019