Summer in Snapshots

• With the long journey to the beach house behind us, my best friend and I took the first picture of our vacation. The stars and a tented flash illuminated our photo to show a picture of our freshly pedicured feet in the pool.

• Just outside of our rental house in West Palm Beach, the waves crashed against the shore. The place of impact is known to the locals as “Rock Reef”, a beautiful sight to all who behold it.

• In the back yard, amongst the palm trees, a small pear tree stood with pink lights radiating off the trunk. The little tree gave light to my family and friends as we dined on the patio amidst the cool summer breeze.

• During church camp, our youth group released balloons tied to prayer requests in thanks to our amazing year and wonderful summer. After the late night service, we all met for ice cream and bible discussions on the lake.

• My family took a trip to an aquarium in Key Largo. Many pink flamingos gathered in a small yard beside the water. Within the sea of beautiful pink creatures, one can witness the peace these delicate animals radiate.

• As my best friend and I enjoyed our first day on the beach, we snapped a quick picture of our shoes and sunglasses to capture the beauty and peace of summer.

• My family and I visited the Miami Sea Aquarium, where they held killer whale shows. The Orca flipped and spun out of the water before it landed back in the pool, slashing everyone in the audience.

• At the outdoor aquarium, a pond with many species of animals thrived as a community. The turtles swam around, posing for pictures and basking in the sunshine.

• Along route A1A, palm trees lined the road and swayed with the breeze. The sun glistened off the palms of the enormous trees and they almost seemed to dance in the wind.

• The beautiful graffiti wall in Miami displays beautiful, bright colors in a breath taking design. Among the warm summer sun, the vibrant colors of the paintings electrify the neighborhood.

• As soon as my cousin and I arrived in Daytona, my first instinct was to capture a picture of the beautiful beach around me. The evening clouds were rolling in on the beach. The ocean seemed to be swallowed by the clouds.

Rhiannon Martin, Staff Writer

Summer is a wonderful time of year for students. It’s a time to unwinds, relax, and take a well needed break from the stressful life of school. With summer being a saving grace for nearly everyone, no wonder we all count down the days until our escape from everyday life.